The essential oil of this plant is extracted by steam distillation of its leaves. Menthyl Salicylate and Gaultherilene are the two main components of this essential oil and Menthyl Salicylate forms an integral part of almost every antiarthritic and analgesic balm for muscle and joint pain that is available on the market.
- It is deeply relaxing, eases muscular cramps and improves immune response.
- It is a popular ingredient for soaps, toiletries and perfumes.
- Vetiver is known to the world of perfumes, and its use in scents (attar) is known in India much before the world became familiar with rose scents.
Benefits of Vetiver Oil
- Vetiver oil strengthens the central nervous system and is helpful in overcoming depression, insomnia, anxiety, stress, tension and nervousness.
- It also helps in curing nervous system, acne, arthritis, cuts, depression, exhaustion, insomnia, muscular aches, oily skin, rheumatism, sores, stress, skin care, aged skin, anorexia, immune system, insomnia, nervousness, high blood pressure, calming and deeply relaxing, eases muscular cramps and improves immune response.
|Country Of Origin
Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils (4.00 Vol)
|0.99200 – 1.04200 @ 25°C.
|6.4 @20 °C
|1.52100 – 1.53100 @ 20°C
|Strength of Aroma
|Medium – Strong
|Mixes well with
|Ylang Ylang Cedarwood Tangerine Lemon
|Vetiver oil is psychologically grounding, calming and stabilizing, and helps to cope with stress and recovery from emotional trauma and shock
|Very pleasant, mild, earthy, and musky smell
It is not safe for everybody because it contains allergens & can cause food related allergic reactions
Pregnant women & nursing moms should use caution in using peanut oil
If one has the sensitive skin, one should do the patch test before applying it topically.
How to use
Vetiver oil should always be diluted using a carrier oil, such as jojoba oil or coconut oil. Mix 1 to 2 drops of vetiver oil in every 10 drops of your carrier oil to start using it on your skin. If you’d like, you can gradually increase the amount of vetiver oil in your mixture.
We consider your feedback is as important as sale. Please do leave your feedback after receiving your ordered item and if you are not satisfied with the product or service then before leaving any negative or neutral feedback please do contact us. We will definitely resolve the issue if any and will give you refund if required.
- It is meant only for external use.
- Do a patch skin test before applying it to your skin.
- Dilute it before topical application.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
- Pregnant women should consult a doctor before using it.
Stability and Storage
It should be kept away from heat & other ignition materials. And keep it in tightly closed containers . keep container in cool & well ventilated area